Friday, December 3, 2010

Confessions From the Couch

“Hey honey-think I have a great idea for that basement back wall, can you run in here? “ I yell to Owen from the living room. Three days of virtual bed rest post-kidney surgery and can still only mitigate tears after 2 pain killers, mind numbing tv and a. lying on my left side with the right hip slightly elevated or b. knees on the floor, head on the couch with left ear tilted south. No response.

“O-really, this is a good one-can you come here?” Finally I hear some heavy footsteps.

“Hey-look at this built in shelf concept with a bench for larger kid toys…good accent to the wainscoting?”

“Okay Sammi-sorry that it has come to this but seriously, no more HGTV. You are supposed to be resting and so far I have about 3 pages of your great ideas. Why don't you turn on some of that reality crap you used to love?” I don't mention that techically, most of HGTV is reality television as well: Zen has spoken.
Damn-he is so on to me trying to be productive through him. He does have a point; I do truly love a good Design on a Dime and Real Estate Intervention-but anxiety is scratching at me as they have now made me realize that my entire house needs to be rehauled and I can hardly lift my head up.

So I heed the advice and am on a new mission to cram the 3 years of tv programming missed since Sesame Street entered my life. Few observations that are just too riveting not to share-


1.Real Wives of Beverly Hills: Always hear the hype and pumped that I can join the gossip at my next book club. Watch the first episode and then almost feel like I do watching A&E Intervention-a bit nauseous and surprisingly guilty. Of course, I must then watch episodes 2-6 just to ensure this initial reaction is warranted. But Camille Grammar-really? I understand that you are exhausted trying to manage your 4 nannies and completely empathize that slumming it in a 3500 sq ft NYC penthouse is tough…but could you please eat a freaking cheeseburger? Your cheekbones are literally making me wince

2.  Friday Night Lights: Okay I know I am about 5 years behind (and just on season 2) but loving this show! Think that the writers got a bit schizo about the Lyla/Jason relationship (engaged one week then he is making out with a tattoo artist the next?) but overall-Netflix couldn't get here fast enough.


3. Brothers and Sisters: Feel completely disloyal, but wow this show is so NOT GOOD this season. Rob Lowe-how is Community working out for you?


4. Sex and the City 2: Damn, not even Vicodin or seeing my sweet Aidan makes it better the second go round.


5. Dr. Phil: I mean I commend Brandon for his years of sobriety, but is he really qualified to be staging interventions? So embarrassed I am watching them in mute.


6. Young and the Restless: So it is later the same day of the last episode I watched 5 years ago…can Nick and Sharon not just be together people? And am a bit creeped out that the Naked Heiress should be about 7 not 25?

 7. Keeping Up With the Kardashians: Why do I care about keeping up with these folks? Not at all sure but completley sucked in nonetheless; now obsessed with trying to figure out if this Scott character is really a nut job or just some sort of freak actor. Is he really wearing a purple sweater tied around his shoulders? Okay, seriously did I just see a commercial for Bridalplasty…or did I accidentally take the pain med an hour too soon?? This Mommi needs to switch to the Discovery Channel asap...


Wow-though 1000 brain cells short and feeling more than a little guilty, glad I can now cross these “Oh I should watch that” shows off my to-do list. Anything I missed? Speaking of…it has been about 12 hours, too soon to bring up another good idea to Owen?

1 comment:

  1. That was all in 12 hours!! Scarey what we stuff into our brain and actually talk about with one another.... 1000 brain cells short - I wonder how many I burn up in a day... Hmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete