Friday, October 22, 2010

And Then There It Is...

Second day of LOA. Instead of a full event overview, I have decided upon a less stringent approach, instead breaking the day into 4 chunks-themed by food! (ie breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack). It is morning snack time and I am feeling pretty energized-we all actually have real clothes on, and I was able to successfully CHECK breakfast off the list (wow, I just love a good task check!). I am thinking my new approach just may be the ticket. Phone rings:



“Umm-how great that you are able to start the tile job early. When exactly would you want to begin? Oh you are in the neighborhood? Oh wonderful! Yes-we will be here.”


$%@*! I am not ready for curve balls yet folks-I mean I just came up with my pinwheel food routine chart and again, I have no idea how re-doing the master and guest bath tile fits into that at all. I thought I had another week to figure that out. Damn, should have completed the risk register! So a quick heated call to Owen (I mean, this must be his fault in some way, right?) and answer the door to 3 men who look like they have enough equipment to move in for the week…which by the way is about how long they let me know they are staying. The jack hammering starts, the babies’ full on freak out mode commences, and I know it is bad news when I am already subtracting the number of hours until I can have a glass of wine.


So 3 hours later, I am driving aimlessly around the city (hmmm…wasn’t there a neighborhood somewhere in Zionsville that I wanted to check out?) while the kids nap in the car. By hour 2 (and 84 strip mall drive bys later) I would give my left toe to be sitting in a Finance meeting. I am overjoyed when I hear BB stirring in the back and announce “SHOPPING TRIP!” Peanut pipes up “Me love shopping!” and I start to perk up…already my teaching is showing impact! I am getting the kids strapped in the cart as Peanut is pulling on my hand and BB’s arm as I push them in. “Seriously-what are you doing sweetie?” “Want us to all hold hands Mommy!” BB giggles and gives her his fingers. “Mommy-give yours now. Team!” And there it is…a moment.


To think that I still hold a grudge against the kid who tripped me on the playground in second grade, it is frankly remarkable the magic amnesia these munchkins can pour out in an instant. After 8.5 tortourous months, daily injections, bed rest and the 10 hardest hours of my life, I see Peanut’s beautiful face and announce that I can’t wait to have 5 more. After zero sleep and BB waking up every other hour (because come on-Mommi can find that paci much more readily than he can!) my heart still melts on time 11 when he says “Momma!” squeezes my neck and rests his head on my shoulder.


So we all 3 hold hands as I push them into Costo, singing Elmo’s World, and I know I would give all my toes to be right here.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. I've almost read the entire thing. You have inspired me to start writing on my blog again. It's not nearly as creative as yours, but I try. I don't know how you did it when you were working! Sounds like things are going well. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete