Wednesday, November 11, 2009

And The Award Goes To...

Twelve noon here and I have bathed/dressed two children, changed 7 diapers, fed both kids multiple times, pumped, got both kids in the car (any mom of two babies under two can appreciate this feat in and of itself), scoured the mall for the perfect accessories for upcoming family pictures, handled two baby meltdowns with no tears from mom, started a load of laundry and actually threw a few random items in the Crockpot that I can call dinner later. I even caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror and though not close to attractive, I do have on clean clothes (okay, I wore these yoga pants for a few hours yesterday…but that does not even come close to counting as dirty), clean teeth, and am wearing earrings which seems to draw attention away from the glaring black puffy under eye area. I feel so proud and almost deserving of a Q4 award! But wait, this is my Mommyhood career and no one has talked to me about the bonus structure or additional compensation package. This is ridiculous-who is in charge? Oh wait-that is me…team captain of Team Schwartz! So I am giving myself a “Morning Superior Multitasking “award…which definitely deserves a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte and maybe that new scarf I spied at Target! For the hardest job on the planet, I must say the recognition/award program is quite lacking. So, I have decided to honor fellow Moms with a weekly award (though monetarily lacking-everyone wants to be recognized for a good job, right?)…stay tuned next week for our first recipient! I mean-if we aren’t going to give them out…who is? And don’t tell my employer…but these Mommy accomplishments are most often more challenging than hitting quota-

2 comments:

  1. Nice work with the blog, keep it up.

    As your unoffical social media consultant, I advise you to get a twitter account, set it up so tweets also update you status on facebook (or the other way around) and post a link on twitter/facebook when you add a blog post. Cast a wide net.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete