Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Oh DQ...Why Can't I Quit You?

So I know I am supposed to be patient “took 9 months to get on, it will take 9 months to come off…” and all that other jib jab, but frankly I am done with the flab. I have been pregnant, nursing, or in “just had a baby” mode for over two years and I am ready to find PBS (pre-baby Sam)…I just know she is in there somewhere! Now, I have given up on the PBS mind ever being the same-but I am holding out hope for the body. This is certainly not to imply that PBS didn’t have her flaws…but I had 30 years of practice understanding how to cover, disguise, and guard these. I am still searching for something other than an empire waist to make me look reasonable while shuddering every time I spend a dime on these types of clothes because I know PBS is just around the corner! (and of course because of that little guilt complex I have perfected over the years).



However, did I mention that I am commanding the weight to come off as I put it on-with a mind of its own and little effort from me? And I also absolutely demand that it come off without giving up that nasty DQ habit I picked up during pregnancy #2. How ironic that I develop a rabid sweet tooth while 30-something when you couldn’t get me to touch a piece of chocolate in the early scrawny years; when I was desperate for a few extra lbs as not to look so strikingly similar to one of those Feed the Children public service announcements. Thinking the tooth was completely related to pregnancy hormones (as was any other crazy behavior I could possibly blame), I thought as soon as BB had popped his angelic head into the word that my sweet craving would be expelled as well. This notion was quickly squelched…as I sent Owen out to fetch me DQ a few hours after his arrival. It wasn’t until recently that I understood the tooth’s severity when offered the choice I easily decided on a DQ strawberry sundae over a bold Cabernet.


Given this and the impeding back-to-work date looming (meaning unless I find 10 more free empire waist dresses, I must squeeze into a few PBS clothing options) it is DQ lockdown at the Schwartz abode. Wish me luck-this will not be an easy journey. And there is that special 2 for $3 special still running…hmmm…maybe just one more dash?

No comments:

Post a Comment