Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A New Vice?

The sheer amount of weeping at the Schwartz house nowadays is frankly shocking. Odds are pretty fair that at any given hour you are likely to find either (or some type of combination of) a 2 month old hungry, a 17 month old practicing the perfect whine (new behavior that MUST be conquered…by any means necessary), or the pitiful dog grieving that someone (other than her) is eating. Oh and did I mention the bit of blubbering by the alpha female? Am I still honestly able to blame this shameless weekly (okay, sometimes daily) bit of weeping on hormones 10 weeks post baby? Oprah announces that she is giving her show up…bit of tears; BB smiles and chuckles out loud…bit of tears; Peanut throws her food on the floor while laughing after 3 no’s from momma…bit of tears; Shelby eating through diaper bag to find a few crackers…bit of tears. Friend breaking plans…bit of tears. Believe me; I am saying the same thing you are thinking-“Pull it together sister!!”


Perhaps since my wine drinking has taken a back seat…the tear shedding is my new found release…and I could think of worse vices, right? Doesn’t it prove that I am in touch with my emotions (come on…Psych 101?); and perhaps I will need to worry less about the imminent ulcer since I am “getting it out!” Just as I am starting to accept this new inclination, I recognize that I have mere days before entering the workforce: do you think it would be awkward if I let the tears a flow while negotiating the 2010 business plan? The realization sets in: I have only two weeks to lose 10 lbs, upkeep my roots, nails, and eyebrows, acquire a new wardrobe, and decipher a way to imagine BB being held by a day care worker without a breakdown. Must stop writing…blubbering has commenced.

1 comment: